Friday, May 6, 2011

Starting a new book...

I have always been anti-blog, but I like typing much more than writing. My friend started one and unlike my other friends, I look forward to reading hers. I am a journal person and the potential lack of privacy of a blog bothers me a little.
   Anyway, I have started Steven Tyler's book, "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?" I knew I would love it from the title. That title is totally me, but I don't ever ask, I just assume that it does bother people, so when it doesn't seem to bother them, I am always surprised.
   I wanted to write about things in the book as I read them, just to keep track of the progression and see what I think by the end of the book.
   I bought it the day it came out and started looking at the pictures first. The picture of Debbie Benson, I loved how he said, "O, how I loved her...RIP." So great 6 seconds into this book and I'm tearing up already, but I love it. I love FEELING something. "What it Takes" is one of my favorites because it always gets to me.
    When I saw the picture of his mother, I instantly saw his daughter Liv in her, that was cool. It's funny that Liv a big reason I started liking Steven Tyler. I always liked Aerosmith of course, but it wasn't until I liked Liv as an actress that he started to stand out to me. When I saw him as her father, it made him more real to me. I love the way she looks at him in pictures, she just beams. Gotta love that. I remember someone saying, "yeah, that's Steven Tyler's daughter." I said, "Who?" Then the song came out and that video with both of them in it that was totally sweet. That's when my soft spot for him started.
   OK, so by page one I am crying! Holy cow! I feel like checking my birth control pills to see if I am in my PMS zone and in a weakened state that I can blame on something or if I'm just mental. Yup, mental.
    I like how he dedicated it to his mother too.

No comments:

Post a Comment