Monday, May 16, 2011

Moved by music

I love music. It moves me, no doubt. If I were at an Aerosmith concert, I know I would turn into a completely mental person and be swept away and crying like a total lunatic. But...Steven Tyler knows so much about music and how it should be done that this part of the book is a wee bit slow for me. I still like it ,  but I loved it when he talked about how he felt (the noise) and he I am reading the steps of what he did, and where he went. He is a perfectionist with the 'how' of the delivery. I only listen, but he hears EVERYTHING. Great for us I guess, but kind of a burden for him or his drummer maybe? I wonder if Joe, in his band couldn't play, what that would do to their relationship. He says he is addicted to the way he plays.
    I'm looking over what I have underlined in the book and it's quiet a lot, so maybe it's not as slow as I think. Reading about all the drugs makes me feel bad for him I guess. But he says that in the 60s everybody was your friend and it seemed like drugs were really no big deal and they were everywhere.
    But, my dad is 3 years older than Steven and you couldn't find a person more opposite. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to even find drugs now or when I was a teenager.
     I do continue to enjoy his perspective though, just to see how he looks at things. Music meant (means) everything to him in detail. I'm glad he made it and that it makes him happy. My old boyfriend was very unfulfilled because he never was famous. It would be very sad it you only have one main thing that would make you happy and you couldn't have it and had to settle for filling that hole with other lesser things.
    I like how he put incense all over when he would sing so that people could remember his smell. Who thinks of that? That is a good idea.
    He would drive his mom's car downtown, get a parking ticket, throw it away and drive home. What a stinker!
    He liked the lifestyle of the music scene. He liked how people would accept the "sideshow character" and you have to fit in with him because he belonged and you didn't yet. I like accepting differences like that. He was "into his own weird world." I think we all are, I know I am.
    He says that, "a gang got you protection and it also attracted girls, who are always into that kind of a..hole." Isn't that the truth! Like if some bad boy loves us, THEN we must be worthy or loveable.
    I had to laugh when he said, "No wonder the town is filled with alcoholics-there's nothing else to do." I remember my uncle saying the same thing when I was young and asked him why everybody always goes to the bar in town. Like reading a book, driving somewhere, playing in a band, playing with your kids, or anything else was out of the question.
    Here is it, "I'm an animal of the beat, I have the ears of a bat. If a drum beat is a hundredth of a second off, I become unstable. I rant, I rave, it has to be fixed or the world will stop spinning on it's axis. I drive my band crazy with this sh.t." I am editing for my sensitive readers:-) Amy is like, "Who, me?"
     He calls himself an A..hole. I guess I should believe him. My mother told to always believe a person when they tell you how they are, because they should know. So those first things admitted by a person, believe it! Like, "I'm no good in a relationship." You should say, "GREAT! Hot Dog! Thanks for telling me, BYE!" then run. Do not stay and try to be the one to change them!
    "I probably drove everyone nuts." He wanted to bring stuff out and not let it fester. It seems to me that he was the driving force for all of them, Aerosmith. Nothing like feeling as though you are trying harder and dragging everybody else along. Man does that sound familiar.
     OK, on to something a little more depressing to me personally, "'She' had the biggest boobs-I couldn't even look at them while I was standing in front of her, they were so big, it so affected me, I was stuttering, because she was so beautiful." Great, and he likes blonds too. I am impressed that he said, "Affected" and not "Effected." OK what defect in me wants to stand in front of him in all my glory and say, "well?" I guess it would only be validating if he thought I was attractive.  Why does his opinion matter? who know, who cares, I am just curious. Also curious to know if he would like my noise.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment